Are you about to smoke weed for the first time and are unsure what to expect? Cannabis affects its users unevenly. For first time smokers, it might have no effect at all, which is completely natural. There are others who feel dizzy, while others will start tripping and become stoned. This will all depend on the strain, as well as your mood and the amount you take. If this is your first time using cannabis, here are a few helpful tricks, advice and things to consider.
Knowing how to smoke weed and choosing the right delivery technique are two of the first challenges a newbie faces. There are many methods to choose from so you might find it hard to know where to start. For newbies, though, it is recommended that you start with the most basic technique. Any method like bong, joint, blunt should suffice. This way, you do not have to worry about the delivery procedures. Here are a few helpful tips for first time weed smokers.
- Be prepared to not get high. You can get high from smoking weed for the first time. However, be prepared of the possibility that you will not. If you smoke for the first time, the most important thing is to do so slowly. The more cannabis you smoke, the more you will learn about your sweet spot and your boundaries.
- Drink lots of water. One of the most common negative aspects with cannabis use is dry mouth. For this reason, keep a bottle of water nearly to keep you hydrated. Also hydrate yourself before you start smoking. Remember that this is your first time smoking weed so start small.
- Have some snacks handy. Most people know that smoking weed can give you the munchies. Since you do not know what you crave for, stock up on sweet and salty snack options if the mood strikes. You can go for a leisurely walk to your local store if you get a case of the munchies, but make sure that you are cautious about the type and dosage you just consumed.
- Only smoke from trusted sources. Buying weed from random strangers on the street might look like a simple and cheap alternative, but this is highly discouraged. There is no way to know that you are receiving 100 percent pure marijuana. Be aware and be smart about where and whom you get your cannabis stash from. Also ensure that you only buy from trusted sources.
- Do not smoke alone. It is not advisable to experiment with mind-altering substance the first time. It helps to have someone with you who is experienced, trustworthy and sensible. If you are overwhelmed by the side effects, they can help you stay grounded. Make your first weed experienced as pleasurable as you can. It is more enjoyable if you can share it with friends.
- Choose a beginner-friendly strain. Learning to smoke cannabis is the same as learning the alphabet for the first time: start with the basics before slowly building up. With marijuana, the basics are low-THC. Start here and progress to stronger strains if you have gained some expertise and experience.
- Clear your schedule. When getting high for the first time, you will likely pass out. It is just like going on a rollercoaster, you only get to the top and plummet to the bottom. Even when you do not fall asleep, you might feel heavy-bodied. So if you are ready to smoke weed for the first time, be sure that you are in a relaxing environment.
- Do not overconsume. If you want to smoke cannabis for the first time, it can be tempting to complete a joint on your own. The great thing about weed smoking is you do not need a lot to get high and make use of its benefits. Although everyone reacts differently to cannabis and needs different quantities to get high, always try to start on the slower side.
By following the suggestions above, your first weed experience will be something that you will remember for all its good reasons. Keep it casual, fun and lighthearted as much as possible. Create a good mood for the event, surround yourself with good companions and play easy listening music. Finally, remember to not overindulge and be sensible.